I’m a Professional Photographer based in Bristol, England.
Since 1999 I’ve been working for a wide range of clients, providing a variety of photographic services, but my specialist area is Theatre and Performance Photography.
What is Theatre Photography?
It covers a lot of things, including live performance photography, publicity shots, rehearsal & workshop photography, creative printing and graphic work.
Almost all the shots in the Performance section of my portfolio have been taken with no planning, no control over the lighting, no second chance to capture something.
If something happens without warning, you need to assess it and have the exposure, focus and composition as spot-on as possible. You may only have half a second to do this.
It’s difficult: that’s why I like it.
The publicity work (for posters, newspaper previews, etc.) is more pre-planned, but the planning, set up and shooting process still often has to be done within a 30 minute break in rehearsals.
Past & present clients include:
- Arts & Business
- Blue Brook Productions
- Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre, Taunton
- Bristol Old Vic
- BOV Theatre School
- Bristol Shakespeare Festival
- Clifton International Festival of Music
- Firebird Theatre Company
- Gala Casinos
- Living Spit
- Myrtle Theatre Company
- New Perspectives Theatre Company, Nottingham
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital School
- Roughhouse Theatre
- Royal Opera House, Covent Garden
- Shakespeare At The Tobacco Factory
- Soap Soup Theatre Company
- South West Screen
- Stuff and Nonsense Theatre Company
- Tobacco Factory
- Travelling Light Theatre Company
- Tricycle Theatre, Kilburn
- Triodos Bank
- University of Bristol Drama Dept.
- Working Links
Tutoring & lecturing:
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
- City of Bristol College
- Knowle West Media Centre